5G Spectrum War Begins in the U.S.
During May (2017), Verizon won the bid against AT&T to acquire Straight Path for US$3.1 billion, along with Straight Path’s spectrum holdings in the 28 GHz and 39 GHz bands. This acquisition follows Verizon’s acquisition of XO Communications’ fiber-optic network business in 2016. The deal gives Verizon the option to acquire XO Communications’ high-band spectrum in the 28 GHz and 39 GHz bands by the end of 2018.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN