5G Spectrum War Begins in the U.S.
During May (2017), Verizon won the bid against AT&T to acquire Straight Path for US$3.1 billion, along with Straight Path’s spectrum holdings in the 28 GHz and 39 GHz bands. This acquisition follows Verizon’s acquisition of XO Communications’ fiber-optic network business in 2016. The deal gives Verizon the option to acquire XO Communications’ high-band spectrum in the 28 GHz and 39 GHz bands by the end of 2018.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options