5G Spectrum War Begins in the U.S.
During May (2017), Verizon won the bid against AT&T to acquire Straight Path for US$3.1 billion, along with Straight Path’s spectrum holdings in the 28 GHz and 39 GHz bands. This acquisition follows Verizon’s acquisition of XO Communications’ fiber-optic network business in 2016. The deal gives Verizon the option to acquire XO Communications’ high-band spectrum in the 28 GHz and 39 GHz bands by the end of 2018.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?