HomePod—Putting Apple Music Ahead of Smart Home
Apple kicked off its annual developer conference, WWDC, this year by announcing HomePod—a Wi-Fi-connected speaker that has long been rumored as the company’s response to the success of Amazon’s Alexa, and more recently, the Google Home device. Instead, the device, while having similar functionality compared to its primary competitors, was primarily pitched as a high-end, Wi-Fi, music streaming speaker with artificial intelligence (AI).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Webinar: Smart Home Data – A Golden Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities
- The Case for GDPR Lifting the European Smart Home
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment