HomePod—Putting Apple Music Ahead of Smart Home
Apple kicked off its annual developer conference, WWDC, this year by announcing HomePod—a Wi-Fi-connected speaker that has long been rumored as the company’s response to the success of Amazon’s Alexa, and more recently, the Google Home device. Instead, the device, while having similar functionality compared to its primary competitors, was primarily pitched as a high-end, Wi-Fi, music streaming speaker with artificial intelligence (AI).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?
- Shifting Smart Home Services from Provider Add-on to Core Feature
- Integrating Smart Home and Entertainment Services
- The Future of Smart Appliances in the Home
- Smart Home Voice Device Shipments Boom But It’s Not About Devices