Network Carriers Racing to Launch IoT Networks in 2017
In March (2017), Verizon launched its LTE Cat-M1 IoT network, which spans 2.4 million square miles, making it the first nationwide network of its kind in the U.S. The network is designed for narrowband LTE applications and is one of three LPWA technologies—the other two being NB-IoT and EC-GSM IoT. Verizon is integrating its network with its ThingSpace IoT Platform so that developers can create IoT solutions utilizing all pieces of the value chain. Verizon is hoping to capitalize on the shift from CDMA-based IoT solutions to cloud-based technologies, while also expanding its solutions beyond the maturing mobile market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Trade Wars, Security, and the Hikvision/Dahua Video Surveillance Ban
- India Smart Meter Market Update
- Addressing Consumer Confidence in IoT and What This Means for Consumer Product OEMs
- Network Sunsets and the IoT: What’s Happening and What You Must Do
- The Evolution of Smart IoT Gateways