Network Carriers Racing to Launch IoT Networks in 2017
In March (2017), Verizon launched its LTE Cat-M1 IoT network, which spans 2.4 million square miles, making it the first nationwide network of its kind in the U.S. The network is designed for narrowband LTE applications and is one of three LPWA technologies—the other two being NB-IoT and EC-GSM IoT. Verizon is integrating its network with its ThingSpace IoT Platform so that developers can create IoT solutions utilizing all pieces of the value chain. Verizon is hoping to capitalize on the shift from CDMA-based IoT solutions to cloud-based technologies, while also expanding its solutions beyond the maturing mobile market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is IPR the Poisoned Chalice for the IoT?
- Agriculture's Digital Transformation - AgTech and Farming
- The Internet of Things: Testing the Waters
- Partnership Reality Check: Vodafone Needs IBM Today and IBM Needs Vodafone Tomorrow
- ABB Ability—Strengthening Customer Relationships and Enhancing the Power of the Control Loop