Qualcomm Unveils Mesh Networking Platform and Reference Design to Target Smart Home Connectivity
At Computex 2017 in Taiwan, Qualcomm unveiled a Mesh Networking Platform for the connected home, which aims to provide whole-home connectivity and wireless coverage, ranging from Internet of Things (IoT) devices to high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity. Key features of Qualcomm’s mesh platform include self-organizing Wi-Fi, carrier-grade features, integrated voice capabilities, and IoT connectivity to enable simultaneous use of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, CSRmesh (Bluetooth), and 802.15.4 technologies. Alongside the platform, the company is also providing a Mesh Networking Reference Design to help OEMs and broadband carriers to develop new Wi-Fi and smart home networking products quickly and easily, as well as allow them to enable higher quality connected home experiences.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Locks at CES Point the Way
- Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets
- Opportunities and Challenges for Short-Range Wireless in 2019
- The Reinvigoration of Smart Home Installer Services