Telco Cloud Vendor Strategies: Product-Based versus Open-Source
The annual gathering of the telco OSS/BSS market took place during May (2017) in Nice, France, where the industry gathered to discuss a variety of topics including virtualization, Big Data, analytics, and customer experience management, as well as how these support systems can help telcos innovate and implement leaner operations. This domain of the telco network is a relatively closed, slow-moving market, where technology advances are slow due to the business-critical nature of these systems: network control and monetization. This contradicts the nature of these systems, which are driven by software and commoditized IT platforms, something that telcos are attempting to implement across their networks. Virtualization, software-defined networking (SDN), network function virtualization (NFV), and cloud-native concepts are changing the market, telco-vendor relationships, and business models. Additionally, they are paving the way for the introduction of open-source in the telco network.
To find out more about subscribing:
- MSPs Must Use Startups as an Asset for their UnTelco Strategy
- Vodafone and Alibaba Highlight Importance of Partnerships in the UnTelco Race
- Network Slicing: Commercial Analysis and Enabling Technologies
- Telefonica is an UnTelco Example to Follow
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities