Cubic Transportation Systems Develops Face Biometrics Transportation Solution Using Surveillance Cameras
Cubic Transportation Systems is currently developing a quite innovative facial recognition ticket authentication system for subways that draws upon both IP-connected and embedded smartphone cameras. With the worldwide IP-connected surveillance cameras expected to reach 81 million shipments by 2022 marking, boasting a 17.1% five-year CAGR, it would seem that face biometrics finally found its way in the transportation market. Only this time, it will draw more upon public infrastructure and leverage investments from transportation stakeholders instead of simply replying on consumer electronics.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Cybersecurity in Smart Utilities
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies
- Security is the Key Component to Fully Unlock the eSIM Opportunity
- Government & Healthcare ID Cards
- Transportation Management Systems and the Logistics Evolution