More Subscription-Free OTT Services from Pay TV Operators
Canadian telco operator Bell recently announced the launch of its over-the-top (OTT) video service Alt TV. Alt TV can be streamed onto smartphones, tablets, or laptops using the Fibe TV app without the need for set-top boxes. Bell offers the service to its Fibe high-speed broadband subscribers with unlimited usage plans only. Entry to the Alt TV packages starts at CAD14.95 (US$11.20) per month for more than 30 channels, including Canadian networks such as CBC and CTV, as well as U.S. programs from CBS, Fox, NBC, etc. Other packages cost CAD42.95 (US$32.20) per month, CAD 68.95 (US$51.70) per month, and the highest package costs CAD103.95 (US$78) per month. The highest package offers up to 500 live and on-demand channels. The service is currently only available in Ontario and Quebec, and Bell will be expanding to Atlantic Canada and Manitoba in the future.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content