Industry Survey: Transformative Technology Adoption and Attitudes - Implementers' Perspectives of 5G Use Cases
ABI Research conducted an industry survey on transformative technology adoption and attitudes of 455 U.S.-based key decision makers, influencers, and implementers in the following verticals: Retail, Healthcare, Logistics, Automotive, Manufacturing, Utilities, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Local, State, and Federal Governments. This report focuses on how these end-markets perceive 5G and how they are planning to use the technology in the future. One key finding here is that technology suppliers need to deploy more efforts in educating the industry about the benefits of 5G, as well as align their roadmaps with implementers’ requirement, as the “build it they will come” approach may not work within the 5G realm.
Table of Contents:
- Methodology and Background
- Classification of Respondents: Size of Business
- Classification of Respondents: Industry Sector
- Classification of Respondents: Role and Influence
- Technological Familiarity
- What is Your Familiarity with 5G Technology?
- Use Case Classification for Those Planning 5G
- Deep Dive into 5G Deployment in the Transportation Sector
- Summary and Conclusions