Staff Wearables: Closing the Retail IoT loop
The enterprise retail wearable market is currently experiencing a large amount of growth, with a number of different devices being used for different use cases. Devices such as smartwatches and smart glasses give workers access to information about a product, such as stock levels or detailed information, and access to notifications, such as what work the wearer should be completing. Devices such as hearables give workers the ability to communicate quickly and securely with employees. All wearable devices improve worker productivity and therefore customer satisfaction, as their questions are resolved faster.
This report examines how the retail environment in general is changing, where retail devices fit into this change, the use cases for wearables, which wearables are in use, and the challenges with using such devices in a retail environment. The report also outlines companies that are developing and offering wearable devices with retail use cases as well as a number of retail companies that are using the devices. Forecasts include Wearable Device Shipments by End-User Channel, Enterprise Wearable Device Shipments by Industry Vertical, Enterprise Retail Wearable Device Shipments by Device Type, and Enterprise Retail Wearable Device Revenue by Device Type.
Table of Contents
- 1. WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY FOR THE RETAIL MARKET
- 1.1. The Changing Retail Environment
- 1.2. Retail Wearable Device Use Cases
- 1.3. Wearable Devices that Are Beneficial to the Retail Market
- 1.4. Challenges with Retail Wearables
- 2. KEY FORECASTS AND FINDINGS
- 2.1. Methodology
- 2.2. Key Forecast Findings
- 3. KEY RETAIL WEARABLE DEVICE PLAYERS
- 3.1. Retail Wearable Device Vendors
- 3.2. Retail Wearable Device Users