Home-Based Border Control System Proposed by European Dynamics
Information and communication technology service provider and software developer European Dynamics—known for its offerings in e-government—is working on an innovative face recognition system primarily used for border control and citizen registration. The company is attempting to combat border control instability during a time when Europe brings immigration in the spotlight. Non-profit organization Robohub also reported its findings regarding the company and shed more light toward the choice European Dynamics made to move past fingerprint recognition (citing previous successful hacking and spoofing attempts by the CCC association against German officials). The company is also planning to address usability concerns and streamline checking-in by placing border control registration just a few steps ahead: in one’s own home.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Government & Healthcare ID Cards
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update