U.S. Leads NFV Market but Not for Long
ABI Research expects that the U.S. will lead the global network function virtualization (NFV) market for the next five years in terms of deployments and vendor opportunities, making the North American region the most prominent for NFV forecasts. Additionally, ABI Research expects the U.S. NFV market to reach 10.3 billion in 2022, with a CAGR of 48% between 2017 and 2022. AT&T has been vocal about its network virtualization plans in Mexico and Canada, and is planning to upgrade 75% of its network with NFV technology by 2020. Verizon and CenturyLink are also active in deploying NFV. Thanks to these three players, ABI Research believes that 80% of the overall communication network in the North American region will be virtualized by the end of 2022.
To find out more about subscribing:
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?
- UnTelco in Utilities: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Turkcell Shows Mobile Service Providers Are Not Afraid of Innovating
- AI Solving Pain Points in Telco Networks, but the Path to AI Remains Rocky
- Do Mobile Service Providers Have a Role to Play in the Decentralized Web?