U.S. Leads NFV Market but Not for Long
ABI Research expects that the U.S. will lead the global network function virtualization (NFV) market for the next five years in terms of deployments and vendor opportunities, making the North American region the most prominent for NFV forecasts. Additionally, ABI Research expects the U.S. NFV market to reach 10.3 billion in 2022, with a CAGR of 48% between 2017 and 2022. AT&T has been vocal about its network virtualization plans in Mexico and Canada, and is planning to upgrade 75% of its network with NFV technology by 2020. Verizon and CenturyLink are also active in deploying NFV. Thanks to these three players, ABI Research believes that 80% of the overall communication network in the North American region will be virtualized by the end of 2022.
To find out more about subscribing:
- MSPs Must Use Startups as an Asset for their UnTelco Strategy
- Vodafone and Alibaba Highlight Importance of Partnerships in the UnTelco Race
- Network Slicing: Commercial Analysis and Enabling Technologies
- Telefonica is an UnTelco Example to Follow
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities