Entrust Datacard and MobileIron Partner on Derived Credentials
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) vendor MobileIron and trusted identity provider Entrust Datacard announced a partnership in April 2017 to offer derived credentials for next-generation multi-factor authentication. The new solution will combine technology from MobileIron’s Derived Credentials with Entrust’s IdentityGuard Mobile Smart Credentials, and will be included in an upcoming project by the National Institute of Standards and Technology's (NIST) National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence on Derived Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Credentials. The combined solution aims to extend smart card authentication to mobile devices, and notably common access cards (CAC) technology as used by the U.S. government, eliminating the need for hardware tokens and passwords.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update