Verizon and Corning Get Ready for 5G
Verizon secured a supply of up to 37.2 million miles of fiber from Corning in a deal worth a minimum of US$1.05 billion. Verizon is creating a fiber-rich, multi-technology, Next-Generation Fiber Platform to enhance FiOS broadband, to densify 4G LTE, and to form the dense fiber backbone required for 5G. This deal is part of a larger “land grab” involving multiple fiber network providers and mmWave spectrum assets in the U.S. as the industry readies itself for the 5G era.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN