For VNFs, Cloud Native is the Name of the Game
Several vendors are progressing their NFV strategies and pursuing the end game of every telco virtualization strategy, where virtualized network functions are deployed in a cloud-native environment. This brings considerable benefits, including portability, resource availability, and being able to adapt to network and traffic demands in near-real time. Several vendors are now pursuing cloud-native strategies while telcos are now issuing request for proposals (RFPs) that have a strong requirement for cloud-native capabilities. For example, Nokia recently won a contract with 3UK for a cloud-native packet core, and Oracle has repositioned its telco strategy toward providing cloud-native capabilities for several different parts of the telco cloud stack. The cloud-native capability may be the foundation for even more advanced features, including hybrid clouds, service sandboxes in public clouds, and more flexible networks toward 5G.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Artificial Intelligence in Telecom Networks
- Open Source Software and Developer Ecosystems in The Telco Cloud
- Webinar: UnTelco: Business Opportunities Beyond Connectivity
- NFV Case Studies in Asia-Pacific: Implementations & Impact
- Hot Tech Innovators: Telco Cloud