What Can Become of Ericsson’s Media Unit?
Ericsson is considering strategic options for its media business, which now comprises two segments, one focused on platforms and the other focused on services. So, what can become of the media unit? Ericsson could simply find a go-to-market partner, or, if the unit is sold off private-equity backed services organizations could bulk up with the media solutions businesses, or companies that come from single-market broadcasting environments looking to extend to a pan-European footprint could grow with this acquisition.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”