Akamai Lowers Margin Target to Invest in Enterprise and Security
Akamai held an investor summit on March 30, 2017, delayed by about two weeks due to snow crippling the Boston area. From a media business standpoint, Akamai reiterated that the overall business has continued to be healthy, despite big tech giants, such as Netflix, Amazon, and Facebook, that are building out their own content distribution networks (CDNs) Akamai overbuilt somewhat on capacity in 2015, translating to gross margins that fell a couple points, causing a slight easing up on investment in 2016.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Hot Tech Innovators: Virtual Reality
- The Future of VR: 2018 Outlook and Predictions
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Video Services
- Residential Wi-Fi Mesh Gaining on the Back of Demand for Whole-Home Wi-Fi