Akamai Lowers Margin Target to Invest in Enterprise and Security
Akamai held an investor summit on March 30, 2017, delayed by about two weeks due to snow crippling the Boston area. From a media business standpoint, Akamai reiterated that the overall business has continued to be healthy, despite big tech giants, such as Netflix, Amazon, and Facebook, that are building out their own content distribution networks (CDNs) Akamai overbuilt somewhat on capacity in 2015, translating to gross margins that fell a couple points, causing a slight easing up on investment in 2016.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video