Fronthaul Leverages Virtualization for 5G-Ready V-RAN
At ABI Research, we are continuously looking for innovation in network technologies and one of the areas undergoing significant changes in the run up to 5G is transport or fronthaul. We believe that the RAN is evolving from traditional Distributed RAN (D-RAN) and Centralized RAN (C-RAN) architectures to a Virtual RAN (V-RAN) and that these changes fundamentally alter the relationship and partitioning in the basestation between the radios, basebands, data centers, and the underlying transport or fronthaul interconnecting them.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options