Fronthaul Leverages Virtualization for 5G-Ready V-RAN
At ABI Research, we are continuously looking for innovation in network technologies and one of the areas undergoing significant changes in the run up to 5G is transport or fronthaul. We believe that the RAN is evolving from traditional Distributed RAN (D-RAN) and Centralized RAN (C-RAN) architectures to a Virtual RAN (V-RAN) and that these changes fundamentally alter the relationship and partitioning in the basestation between the radios, basebands, data centers, and the underlying transport or fronthaul interconnecting them.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN