Fronthaul Leverages Virtualization for 5G-Ready V-RAN
At ABI Research, we are continuously looking for innovation in network technologies and one of the areas undergoing significant changes in the run up to 5G is transport or fronthaul. We believe that the RAN is evolving from traditional Distributed RAN (D-RAN) and Centralized RAN (C-RAN) architectures to a Virtual RAN (V-RAN) and that these changes fundamentally alter the relationship and partitioning in the basestation between the radios, basebands, data centers, and the underlying transport or fronthaul interconnecting them.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?