The Potential for Smart Home Beacons
Beacons are an emerging category of devices that deliver greater network awareness of individuals and their location, usually within a building, through recognizing and tracking nearby mobile devices. However, while beacons are increasingly finding support and adoption in commercial and retail environments, adoption in the smart home has been limited so far, as system providers seem reticent to engage with the technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?