The Potential for Smart Home Beacons
Beacons are an emerging category of devices that deliver greater network awareness of individuals and their location, usually within a building, through recognizing and tracking nearby mobile devices. However, while beacons are increasingly finding support and adoption in commercial and retail environments, adoption in the smart home has been limited so far, as system providers seem reticent to engage with the technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Plug Update Leads the Way for Wide Apple Smart Home Support
- The UnTelco in Smart Home: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Driving Growth in the European Smart Home
- Webinar: Smart Home Data – A Golden Egg or Privacy Invasion?
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities