Intel Acquires Automotive Machine Vision Leader Mobileye for $15.3 Billion—Is the Price Right?
In March (2017), Intel announced that it will acquire Mobileye, the market leader in machine vision software for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), for US$15.3 billion. With this acquisition, Intel joins competitors NVIDIA and Qualcomm to expand from its traditional consumer electronics market into automotive, positioning the company to take full advantage of the growth opportunities represented by ADAS and autonomous vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
- Transformative Connected Car Services Built on Data Crowdsourcing
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- The Next Wave of ADAS Packages are the Stepping Stones to More Holistic Safety