Intel Acquires Automotive Machine Vision Leader Mobileye for $15.3 Billion—Is the Price Right?
In March (2017), Intel announced that it will acquire Mobileye, the market leader in machine vision software for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), for US$15.3 billion. With this acquisition, Intel joins competitors NVIDIA and Qualcomm to expand from its traditional consumer electronics market into automotive, positioning the company to take full advantage of the growth opportunities represented by ADAS and autonomous vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- Automotive at MWC19: C-V2X, 5G, and MEC
- Next-Generation Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive HMI Market Update