Intel Acquires Automotive Machine Vision Leader Mobileye for $15.3 Billion—Is the Price Right?
In March (2017), Intel announced that it will acquire Mobileye, the market leader in machine vision software for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), for US$15.3 billion. With this acquisition, Intel joins competitors NVIDIA and Qualcomm to expand from its traditional consumer electronics market into automotive, positioning the company to take full advantage of the growth opportunities represented by ADAS and autonomous vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- OEMs Must Invest in Regional Ridesharing Providers Now to Establish Smart Mobility Business in the Future
- Mojio-Bosch Partnership: Connected Car Aftermarket Leader Eye’s the Embedded Opportunity
- Vehicle and Mobility Market Data
- Global Ridesharing Vendors
- Connected Car Market Data