Intel Acquires Automotive Machine Vision Leader Mobileye for $15.3 Billion—Is the Price Right?
In March (2017), Intel announced that it will acquire Mobileye, the market leader in machine vision software for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), for US$15.3 billion. With this acquisition, Intel joins competitors NVIDIA and Qualcomm to expand from its traditional consumer electronics market into automotive, positioning the company to take full advantage of the growth opportunities represented by ADAS and autonomous vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
- Autotalks Adopts a Dual Support Approach for V2X, But the Industry Needs Simultaneous Operation
- Toyota Invests US$500 Million in Uber Self-Driving, Highlights Mobility through Collaboration Approach
- Simulation is the Key to Industrializing AI in Automotive
- Simulation in Automotive: Training and Validating Autonomous Control Systems