Intel Acquires Automotive Machine Vision Leader Mobileye for $15.3 Billion—Is the Price Right?
In March (2017), Intel announced that it will acquire Mobileye, the market leader in machine vision software for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), for US$15.3 billion. With this acquisition, Intel joins competitors NVIDIA and Qualcomm to expand from its traditional consumer electronics market into automotive, positioning the company to take full advantage of the growth opportunities represented by ADAS and autonomous vehicles.
To find out more about subscribing:
- SAE “Level 2+”: Where Future Driverless Ambitions Meet Today’s Market Realities
- Connected Car Market Data
- Automotive Cybersecurity: Hardware and Software Approaches
- Driverless Cars Will Require a New Approach to Automotive Cybersecurity as First Driverless Cybersecurity Standard Released
- Cinemo Advances Infotainment Experience, while Enabling OEMs to Maintain Crucial Ownership of In-Vehicle Experience