5G Spectrum Explorations Speed Up
As the 5G headlights get brighter and brighter, we are starting to see more animated news about 5G trials, technology schemes, and government affirmations of support. Whatever 5G turns out to be, at the very minimum, it will need a lot “spectrum.” A couple of announcements in March (2017) highlight some of the major initiatives that explore novel ways to use spectrum to support next-generation applications, i.e., SoftBank in Japan and the FCC in the U.S.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Transformative Horizon: Indoor Wireless Networks
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Service Finally Arrives
- Boosting Rural Broadband Connectivity
- Pulsed RF Power Semiconductors are Moving Upward as Defense Spending and Air Traffic Control Improvements Increase