The Future of Open Smart City Platforms
Data is the cornerstone of any smart city approach. Pure informational smart cities approaches entirely rely on data captured through crowdsourcing information from social media, through active citizen participation, or, passively, via capturing data from mobile sensors in smartphones and connected cars. Data remains a key element for more advanced approaches based on the sharing paradigm whereby data-centric smartphone applications allow unlocking underutilized physical assets and resources such as vehicles, home grids, and accommodation. And even for the end game of dedicated technology embedded in a physical smart city infrastructure, data analytics is critical for demand-response optimization.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Next-generation Smart City IoT Platforms leveraging Standards, Open Source, and AI to enable Sharing, Service, and Cognitive Paradigms
- Bringing Distributed Ledgers to Automotive: The Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative
- Education and Healthcare Strategies for Smart Cities
- Critical Communications: Public Safety, Industrial/Business, Transportation, Utilities, and Other Radio Systems and Networks
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Is There a Future for Vertical Integration in the End Markets IoT Value and Supply Chain?