VLC: Competitive or Complementary to Beacons in Retail?
Retailers are increasingly embracing indoor positioning systems (IPS) as they seek to improve the consumer experience. This was further demonstrated at ShopTalk 2017, a commerce event that took place during March in Las Vegas. A number of vendors and solution providers showcased their latest improvements for Internet of Things (IoT) technologies aimed at retailers. Visible light communication (VLC) technology was among many retail technology solutions exhibited at the show from the likes of Acuity Brands, Point Inside, and Foursquare.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Location Technologies Supply Chain and Ecosystem Tracker
- Juniper Closes a Gap in Its Connectivity Solution and Moves into Indoor Location
- Bluetooth Beacon Technologies: Use Cases and Market Opportunities
- A New Wave of Energy Harvesting Ultra-Low-Power Devices May Disrupt RTLS and Outdoor Tracking, but Challenges Remain
- Bluetooth 5.1 Might Usher in a New Era For RTLS, but the Market Needs to be Open to Cooperation