Mesh Systems for Whole Home Wi-Fi Services Are on the Rise
As the number of connected devices continues to grow, the requirement for reliable Wi-Fi access for every corner of the home is essential to connect multiple devices in each household. Advanced Wi-Fi CPE and Wi-Fi network management systems are important features for operators to satisfy their customers. In 1Q 2017, Comcast and BT joined the mesh network system offer for whole home Wi-Fi services. U.S. operator Comcast announced the launch of Advanced Gateway with a Wi-Fi mesh feature. In the U.K., BT launched U.K.’s first mesh network for whole home Wi-Fi access. Wi-Fi mesh systems are currently offered by a few other operators including Midco and Frontier Communications in the U.S., and Singtel in Singapore. The mesh system launch from Comcast and BT shows that large broadband operators are following this trend.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video