Mesh Systems for Whole Home Wi-Fi Services Are on the Rise
As the number of connected devices continues to grow, the requirement for reliable Wi-Fi access for every corner of the home is essential to connect multiple devices in each household. Advanced Wi-Fi CPE and Wi-Fi network management systems are important features for operators to satisfy their customers. In 1Q 2017, Comcast and BT joined the mesh network system offer for whole home Wi-Fi services. U.S. operator Comcast announced the launch of Advanced Gateway with a Wi-Fi mesh feature. In the U.K., BT launched U.K.’s first mesh network for whole home Wi-Fi access. Wi-Fi mesh systems are currently offered by a few other operators including Midco and Frontier Communications in the U.S., and Singtel in Singapore. The mesh system launch from Comcast and BT shows that large broadband operators are following this trend.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality