5G NR Will Grow Up in Macro Networks
3GPP completed a study for 5G New Radio (NR) options, which has been outlined in the Technical Report 38.912 document in Release 14. This document outlines the options that have been identified as candidates for introduction in the NR physical layer specification and includes several options: flexible numerology, polar codes, advanced MIMO schemes, and introduction of new spectrum that includes frequencies up to 52.6 GHz. The architectural framework for 5G NR will include further enhancements, including support for network slicing, heterogeneous networks, and cloud architectures. These will aim to enhance the profitability and reduce the rollout cost of telco networks, which is in line with the overall digital transformation telcos are now undertaking.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Networks Bi-Annual Update
- Indoor Wireless to 5G: From DAS to Small Cells
- Huawei and ZTE Ban in Australia Will Affect the Global Market
- High Power RF Power Semiconductors for Pulsed Applications Market Data: For the L-Band, S-Band, Avionics and Sub-1 GHz Markets
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options