Final Four in VR…And It Is Not Free
Intel announced a multi-year partnership with CBS, NCAA, and Turner that will see its Intel True VR platform powering virtual reality (VR) and multi-angle viewing experiences in West Regional’s Sweet 16 and Elite 8, as well as the Men’s Basketball Championship (Final Four included) in 2017 and beyond. Intel was also named as the exclusive live VR games partner of the NCAA for the upcoming event(s). The NCAA Men’s Finals in VR is not notable simply because it is available in VR (recently, LiveLike, and EON Sports VR partnered with the Big East and ACC to show their tournaments in VR), but it will be the first to require a fee.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video