Final Four in VR…And It Is Not Free
Intel announced a multi-year partnership with CBS, NCAA, and Turner that will see its Intel True VR platform powering virtual reality (VR) and multi-angle viewing experiences in West Regional’s Sweet 16 and Elite 8, as well as the Men’s Basketball Championship (Final Four included) in 2017 and beyond. Intel was also named as the exclusive live VR games partner of the NCAA for the upcoming event(s). The NCAA Men’s Finals in VR is not notable simply because it is available in VR (recently, LiveLike, and EON Sports VR partnered with the Big East and ACC to show their tournaments in VR), but it will be the first to require a fee.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Hot Tech Innovators: Virtual Reality
- The Future of VR: 2018 Outlook and Predictions
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Video Services
- Residential Wi-Fi Mesh Gaining on the Back of Demand for Whole-Home Wi-Fi