Verizon Leverages CBRS for Low-Cost DAS
Verizon asked its DAS system suppliers to integrate SpiderCloud small cells with their DAS as a way to reduce the cost of DAS systems and permit economical deployments in the middle enterprise or “middleprise” segment of the DAS market. Verizon also announced its intention to deploy small cells using the 3.5 GHz band in accordance with CBRS technology. We connect the dots between these two statements and believe we are witnessing the beginning of CBRS as the new DAS.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN