Verizon Leverages CBRS for Low-Cost DAS
Verizon asked its DAS system suppliers to integrate SpiderCloud small cells with their DAS as a way to reduce the cost of DAS systems and permit economical deployments in the middle enterprise or “middleprise” segment of the DAS market. Verizon also announced its intention to deploy small cells using the 3.5 GHz band in accordance with CBRS technology. We connect the dots between these two statements and believe we are witnessing the beginning of CBRS as the new DAS.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?