RF Power Semiconductors for Broadcast Equipment, a Shadow of Its Former Self
Broadcast equipment is one of the true legacy businesses in electronics. Dating from the early 1920s, it has been consistent with its presence over many years. Originally based on vacuum tubes, it slowly transitioned to semiconductors. Today, almost all broadcast transmitters are solid-state but there is still some very high-power equipment that uses the older technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?