RF Power Semiconductors for Broadcast Equipment, a Shadow of Its Former Self
Broadcast equipment is one of the true legacy businesses in electronics. Dating from the early 1920s, it has been consistent with its presence over many years. Originally based on vacuum tubes, it slowly transitioned to semiconductors. Today, almost all broadcast transmitters are solid-state but there is still some very high-power equipment that uses the older technology.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active
- The Quest for the Perfect VRAN