Hands-Free Thermal Imaging Sparks Excitement in the Wearable Technology Market
Firefighting equipment manufacturer Scott Safety developed a hands-free, in-mask thermal imaging solution for firefighters to use to see their environment and the temperature in low visibility conditions. Electronic design consultancy Taylor Dowding Innovation provides the thermal imaging software for the cameras, a system for transferring data via Bluetooth, and a micro-display screen for viewing the thermal image. Scott Sight was released in the U.S. in April 2016, and Scott Safety is now looking to bring the technology to firefighters in Europe.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wearables Operating Systems and Platforms
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface
- Safety Wearables Could Help to Save US Businesses US$200 Billion Annually on Insurance and Treatments from Workplace Injuries