Hands-Free Thermal Imaging Sparks Excitement in the Wearable Technology Market
Firefighting equipment manufacturer Scott Safety developed a hands-free, in-mask thermal imaging solution for firefighters to use to see their environment and the temperature in low visibility conditions. Electronic design consultancy Taylor Dowding Innovation provides the thermal imaging software for the cameras, a system for transferring data via Bluetooth, and a micro-display screen for viewing the thermal image. Scott Sight was released in the U.S. in April 2016, and Scott Safety is now looking to bring the technology to firefighters in Europe.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Footwear Technologies and Applications
- Wearable Data Analytics and Business Models
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular Teardown Summary Report
- Virtual Reality in Enterprise Training
- IT/OT Convergence in Smart Manufacturing and Enterprise