Android Messages Revitalizes RCS Development
Disruptive innovation championed by over-the-top (OTT) service providers shook the traditional revenue model of mobile operators, and the struggle is well-documented. According to ABI Research’s mobile carrier revenue and profit market data, operators’ messaging service revenue is expected to continue its downward trend, decreasing at an annual rate of 7.8% until 2021. ABI Research looks at Google’s latest effort to promote rich communication services (RCS) as a strategy for mobile network operators to defend their messaging revenue.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Carrier Strategies for Private LTE
- The Public Cloud, a Telco's Friend or Foe?
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- What Lessons Must 5G Learn to Conquer End Vertical Markets?