Android Messages Revitalizes RCS Development
Disruptive innovation championed by over-the-top (OTT) service providers shook the traditional revenue model of mobile operators, and the struggle is well-documented. According to ABI Research’s mobile carrier revenue and profit market data, operators’ messaging service revenue is expected to continue its downward trend, decreasing at an annual rate of 7.8% until 2021. ABI Research looks at Google’s latest effort to promote rich communication services (RCS) as a strategy for mobile network operators to defend their messaging revenue.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why are Telco Cloud Deployments Stalling?
- vRAN a Hot Topic at MWC18
- Next-Generation OSS & BSS: Operator Deployments and Trends
- Webinar: Are Mobile Service Providers Doomed to Marginalization?
- MWC 2018: Huge Appetite for Technology Development but Very Short on Business-Level Innovation