Autonomous Trucking Space Is Heating Up
In February (2017), the industry witnessed the debut of California-based Embark (with 21-year-old founders) from stealth mode with its autopilot system for largely unpopulated highway driving, as well as Waymo’s litigation against Otto for patent infringement. However, in the background, companies including Daimler AG, Peterbuilt, and Volvo are busy developing their respective autonomous solutions. Despite all this fanfare and a reported shortage of nearly 100,000 truckers, 1.7 million U.S. truckers are vocally concerned about the longevity of their careers.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast
- Geo Mapping to Enable China’s Autonomous Driving Race
- Intelligent Transportation & eFreight – Quarterly Update
- Retailers Need a Fresh Perspective on Crowd-Sourced Delivery
- Last Mile Delivery Leaning into Electric