Autonomous Trucking Space Is Heating Up
In February (2017), the industry witnessed the debut of California-based Embark (with 21-year-old founders) from stealth mode with its autopilot system for largely unpopulated highway driving, as well as Waymo’s litigation against Otto for patent infringement. However, in the background, companies including Daimler AG, Peterbuilt, and Volvo are busy developing their respective autonomous solutions. Despite all this fanfare and a reported shortage of nearly 100,000 truckers, 1.7 million U.S. truckers are vocally concerned about the longevity of their careers.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Intelligent Transportation & eFreight – Quarterly Update
- Looking Beyond Last Mile for Supply Chain Digitization
- CIO Strategic Guidance: Hyperconvergence at the Edge
- Webinar: Location Platforms, Value Chain Analysis, Technology Innovation, and Business Transformation