Need for Secure Auto OS Is Growing Rapidly
The connected car and its associated 100+ ECUs are consolidating; initially in the cockpit through a gateway module. Safety-conscious OEMs and Tier One automotive suppliers are aware of potential liability issues, along with fast approaching over-the-air (OTA) capabilities for model year’s (MYs) 2019 and 2020. OEMs are taking multiple approaches including in-sourcing software IP, key acquisitions, and partnering with industry experts. Many are seeking a software platform that can be provisioned to enable any electronic function. Prognostics also play a significant role with the arrival of OTA, as well as growing advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomy.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Connected Car Market Data
- Automotive Cybersecurity: Hardware and Software Approaches
- Driverless Cars Will Require a New Approach to Automotive Cybersecurity as First Driverless Cybersecurity Standard Released
- Cinemo Advances Infotainment Experience, while Enabling OEMs to Maintain Crucial Ownership of In-Vehicle Experience
- ADAS and Automation Market Data