Need for Secure Auto OS Is Growing Rapidly
The connected car and its associated 100+ ECUs are consolidating; initially in the cockpit through a gateway module. Safety-conscious OEMs and Tier One automotive suppliers are aware of potential liability issues, along with fast approaching over-the-air (OTA) capabilities for model year’s (MYs) 2019 and 2020. OEMs are taking multiple approaches including in-sourcing software IP, key acquisitions, and partnering with industry experts. Many are seeking a software platform that can be provisioned to enable any electronic function. Prognostics also play a significant role with the arrival of OTA, as well as growing advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomy.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Bringing Distributed Ledgers to Automotive: The Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative
- Smart Mobility Maintenance: Modular Hardware, OTA Updates, and Prognostics
- Door Wide Open for Fleet Maintenance Providers in Automotive Market
- Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
- Transformative Connected Car Services Built on Data Crowdsourcing