ONAP Is Set to Redefine Telco Network Automation
AT&T’s OpenECOMP and China Mobile’s Open-O merged to create ONAP, a mega open-source project that aims to tackle network automation, orchestration, and supporting functions. The new project will likely attract a critical mass of developers and is better-positioned to create network effects that can potentially attract software developers from industry verticals.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Rakuten Deservedly Become the King of Mobile Network Technology?
- MWC Says 5G Is Here: Maybe for Consumers, but Surely Not for Verticals
- The “Strategy Paradox” in a 5G Era—Ericsson, Huawei, and Nokia Must Embrace “Options” Now to Have Options in the Future
- Network Functions Virtualization Tracker and Forecasts
- Is There Still Something to Look Forward to at MWC19?