ONAP Is Set to Redefine Telco Network Automation
AT&T’s OpenECOMP and China Mobile’s Open-O merged to create ONAP, a mega open-source project that aims to tackle network automation, orchestration, and supporting functions. The new project will likely attract a critical mass of developers and is better-positioned to create network effects that can potentially attract software developers from industry verticals.
To find out more about subscribing:
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?
- UnTelco in Utilities: Telco Opportunities and Market Activities
- Turkcell Shows Mobile Service Providers Are Not Afraid of Innovating
- AI Solving Pain Points in Telco Networks, but the Path to AI Remains Rocky
- Do Mobile Service Providers Have a Role to Play in the Decentralized Web?