From Autonomous Car Sharing to Autonomous Carpooling: Managing the Simultaneously Shared Third Space
Full vehicle automation will open new paradigms for personal transportation, with shared vehicles serving multiple users, in addition to driving autonomously to users when summoned, and continuing to serve other users after each journey. A further dimension to this car sharing approach is carpooling, in which autonomous vehicles serve more than one user simultaneously, collecting multiple passengers en route who share a similar destination or who have a waypoint destination along the way.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Market Tracker: OEM Telematics
- IoT Market Tracker: Aftermarket Telematics
- BMW and Daimler Cooperate on Smart Mobility and Autonomous Driving
- SAE “Level 2+”: Where Future Driverless Ambitions Meet Today’s Market Realities
- Connected Car Market Data