From Autonomous Car Sharing to Autonomous Carpooling: Managing the Simultaneously Shared Third Space
Full vehicle automation will open new paradigms for personal transportation, with shared vehicles serving multiple users, in addition to driving autonomously to users when summoned, and continuing to serve other users after each journey. A further dimension to this car sharing approach is carpooling, in which autonomous vehicles serve more than one user simultaneously, collecting multiple passengers en route who share a similar destination or who have a waypoint destination along the way.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smart Mobility and Automotive Semi-Annual Update
- Is There a Need for Remote Control for Autonomous Vehicles?
- OEMs Must Invest in Regional Ridesharing Providers Now to Establish Smart Mobility Business in the Future
- Mojio-Bosch Partnership: Connected Car Aftermarket Leader Eye’s the Embedded Opportunity
- Vehicle and Mobility Market Data