Foxtel Learns the Hard Way—Piracy Prevention Services Are the Only Way!
Foxtel launched an incredibly clear and insightful campaign against piracy after it suffered widespread theft of a live event nationally via the Facebook Live platform. CEO Peter Tonagh clearly described the three waves of piracy that were seen internationally—a move from card sharing (phase 1), to peer-to-peer services (phase 2), to live stream redistribution (phase 3). Of course, phase 1.5 was control word sharing services—but we need not argue about that.
To find out more about subscribing:
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”
- Virtual Reality Company Tracker