Foxtel Learns the Hard Way—Piracy Prevention Services Are the Only Way!
Foxtel launched an incredibly clear and insightful campaign against piracy after it suffered widespread theft of a live event nationally via the Facebook Live platform. CEO Peter Tonagh clearly described the three waves of piracy that were seen internationally—a move from card sharing (phase 1), to peer-to-peer services (phase 2), to live stream redistribution (phase 3). Of course, phase 1.5 was control word sharing services—but we need not argue about that.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Oculus Go Become the Tipping Point for Mass VR Adoption?
- The 2018 NAB Show and Contemplations on the Future of Video
- HTC Vive Pro, a Smart Move Toward Enterprise VR Market
- Service Provider OTT Services and Set-Top Boxes Update
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Launch Getting Closer with Samsung’s Hardware Launch