Foxtel Learns the Hard Way—Piracy Prevention Services Are the Only Way!
Foxtel launched an incredibly clear and insightful campaign against piracy after it suffered widespread theft of a live event nationally via the Facebook Live platform. CEO Peter Tonagh clearly described the three waves of piracy that were seen internationally—a move from card sharing (phase 1), to peer-to-peer services (phase 2), to live stream redistribution (phase 3). Of course, phase 1.5 was control word sharing services—but we need not argue about that.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Hot Tech Innovators: Virtual Reality
- The Future of VR: 2018 Outlook and Predictions
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Video Services
- Residential Wi-Fi Mesh Gaining on the Back of Demand for Whole-Home Wi-Fi