Foxtel Learns the Hard Way—Piracy Prevention Services Are the Only Way!
Foxtel launched an incredibly clear and insightful campaign against piracy after it suffered widespread theft of a live event nationally via the Facebook Live platform. CEO Peter Tonagh clearly described the three waves of piracy that were seen internationally—a move from card sharing (phase 1), to peer-to-peer services (phase 2), to live stream redistribution (phase 3). Of course, phase 1.5 was control word sharing services—but we need not argue about that.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Pay TV and OTT Piracy Prevention Services: 2018 Update
- The Support for Higher Level DRM Is Now a Must for All Smartphone Vendors
- Liberty Global Set to Drive Cloud DVR Market
- Facebook Announces Stand-Alone 6DoF HMD, Oculus Quest
- Thoughts on the Future of TV and Video