Foxtel Learns the Hard Way—Piracy Prevention Services Are the Only Way!
Foxtel launched an incredibly clear and insightful campaign against piracy after it suffered widespread theft of a live event nationally via the Facebook Live platform. CEO Peter Tonagh clearly described the three waves of piracy that were seen internationally—a move from card sharing (phase 1), to peer-to-peer services (phase 2), to live stream redistribution (phase 3). Of course, phase 1.5 was control word sharing services—but we need not argue about that.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Advertising Technologies in Video Services
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact