Life Beyond Telcos: Can Vendors Thrive in IoT?
The telco environment continues to be challenging for both telcos and infrastructure vendors. Several telcos lowered their expectations for profit growth, including Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom, AT&T, and many more. The reasons for doing so are the uncertain global economic environment, saturation in developed markets, regulation, and increased competition. The situation is even worse for infrastructure vendors who depend on telcos, and are now also faced with the transition from hardware to software, in addition to the uncertain business models that govern this new domain.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Network Technology and Market Tracker
- What Do Current 5G Spectrum Auctions Tell Us About its Business Case?
- Five 5G Takeaways from the Brooklyn 5G Summit
- Huawei Focuses on 4G to Endure Until 5G Kicks In
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: A Sure Thing or Doomed to Failure?