u-blox Buys SIMCom—What Makes SIMCom Attractive Now?
On January 20 (2017), u-blox announced that it purchased the customers, products, team, patents, and copyrights of SIMCom Wireless, the M2M cellular module division of SIMTech Group Ltd., for US$52.5 million. The SIMTech Group Ltd. is a small, diversified electronic manufacturing firm whose major product lines are cellular wireless modules and handsets, in addition to building OEM and ODM integrated products. 2015 revenues for SIMTech Group Ltd. were US$392 million.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IAM 2.0 – Identity and Asset Management in the IoT
- Thing Identity and Management Services: Enabler and Opportunity Analysis
- SI/VAR and Partner Program IoT Ecosystem Market Data
- Commercial Building Automation: Wired and Wireless Control in Building Automation and Building Management Systems
- Turning IoT Vision into Reality: Top 8 Questions to Build a Successful IoT GTM Strategy