u-blox Buys SIMCom—What Makes SIMCom Attractive Now?
On January 20 (2017), u-blox announced that it purchased the customers, products, team, patents, and copyrights of SIMCom Wireless, the M2M cellular module division of SIMTech Group Ltd., for US$52.5 million. The SIMTech Group Ltd. is a small, diversified electronic manufacturing firm whose major product lines are cellular wireless modules and handsets, in addition to building OEM and ODM integrated products. 2015 revenues for SIMTech Group Ltd. were US$392 million.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is IPR the Poisoned Chalice for the IoT?
- Agriculture's Digital Transformation - AgTech and Farming
- The Internet of Things: Testing the Waters
- Partnership Reality Check: Vodafone Needs IBM Today and IBM Needs Vodafone Tomorrow
- ABB Ability—Strengthening Customer Relationships and Enhancing the Power of the Control Loop