u-blox Buys SIMCom—What Makes SIMCom Attractive Now?
On January 20 (2017), u-blox announced that it purchased the customers, products, team, patents, and copyrights of SIMCom Wireless, the M2M cellular module division of SIMTech Group Ltd., for US$52.5 million. The SIMTech Group Ltd. is a small, diversified electronic manufacturing firm whose major product lines are cellular wireless modules and handsets, in addition to building OEM and ODM integrated products. 2015 revenues for SIMTech Group Ltd. were US$392 million.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Cellular Module Vendor Evolving Strategies as Market Transitions to 4G and LPWA
- Low-Power Wide Area Network Market Data
- Tata's MOVE is on the Move!
- The Impact of the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger on the M2M Market
- Analyzing the Market Adoption of LED Streetlights versus Smart Streetlights