DISH Network Aggregates STB and Sling Assets
This is part two of a two-part Insight. Part one discusses EchoStar communications and the satellite services business. This part discusses the consumer-facing DISH Network and set-top box operations. DISH Network gained the set-top box manufacturing operations, Sling TV assets, and U.S.-based satellite broadcasting infrastructure (which acts as the video headend for DISH Network) from EchoStar. EchoStar took control over the entirety of the Hughes consumer satellite broadband services. Both companies are controlled by Charlie Ergen; they were split for financial reasons in 2007.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality