DISH Network Aggregates STB and Sling Assets
This is part two of a two-part Insight. Part one discusses EchoStar communications and the satellite services business. This part discusses the consumer-facing DISH Network and set-top box operations. DISH Network gained the set-top box manufacturing operations, Sling TV assets, and U.S.-based satellite broadcasting infrastructure (which acts as the video headend for DISH Network) from EchoStar. EchoStar took control over the entirety of the Hughes consumer satellite broadband services. Both companies are controlled by Charlie Ergen; they were split for financial reasons in 2007.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Hot Tech Innovators: Virtual Reality
- The Future of VR: 2018 Outlook and Predictions
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning in Video Services
- Residential Wi-Fi Mesh Gaining on the Back of Demand for Whole-Home Wi-Fi