DISH Network Aggregates STB and Sling Assets
This is part two of a two-part Insight. Part one discusses EchoStar communications and the satellite services business. This part discusses the consumer-facing DISH Network and set-top box operations. DISH Network gained the set-top box manufacturing operations, Sling TV assets, and U.S.-based satellite broadcasting infrastructure (which acts as the video headend for DISH Network) from EchoStar. EchoStar took control over the entirety of the Hughes consumer satellite broadband services. Both companies are controlled by Charlie Ergen; they were split for financial reasons in 2007.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Oculus Go Become the Tipping Point for Mass VR Adoption?
- The 2018 NAB Show and Contemplations on the Future of Video
- HTC Vive Pro, a Smart Move Toward Enterprise VR Market
- Service Provider OTT Services and Set-Top Boxes Update
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Launch Getting Closer with Samsung’s Hardware Launch