DISH Network Aggregates STB and Sling Assets
This is part two of a two-part Insight. Part one discusses EchoStar communications and the satellite services business. This part discusses the consumer-facing DISH Network and set-top box operations. DISH Network gained the set-top box manufacturing operations, Sling TV assets, and U.S.-based satellite broadcasting infrastructure (which acts as the video headend for DISH Network) from EchoStar. EchoStar took control over the entirety of the Hughes consumer satellite broadband services. Both companies are controlled by Charlie Ergen; they were split for financial reasons in 2007.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video