EchoStar Slims Down to Satellite Focus as Sky Roadmap Undermines Satellite
This is part one of a two-part Insight. This Insight discusses the impact on EchoStar communications and the satellite services business. Part two discusses the consumer-facing DISH Network and set-top box operations. EchoStar passed on the set-top box manufacturing operations, the small amount of Sling TV assets it owned, and U.S.-based satellite broadcasting infrastructure (which acts as the video headend for DISH Network) on to sister company, DISH Network. Both companies are controlled by Charlie Ergen; they were split for financial reasons in 2007.
To find out more about subscribing:
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality
- Disney+ Coming, ESPN+ Clears 1 Million Subs, and Other SVOD Growth
- Mobile-First Video Services: Pay TV, OTT, Mobile-First
- “Alexa, Record Next Week’s Show and Order That Actor's Shirt”
- Virtual Reality Company Tracker