EchoStar Slims Down to Satellite Focus as Sky Roadmap Undermines Satellite
This is part one of a two-part Insight. This Insight discusses the impact on EchoStar communications and the satellite services business. Part two discusses the consumer-facing DISH Network and set-top box operations. EchoStar passed on the set-top box manufacturing operations, the small amount of Sling TV assets it owned, and U.S.-based satellite broadcasting infrastructure (which acts as the video headend for DISH Network) on to sister company, DISH Network. Both companies are controlled by Charlie Ergen; they were split for financial reasons in 2007.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- OTT and Multiscreen Market Update 2018
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content