Multi-Application Smart Card: Indonesia’s Smart Nation Initiative
Jakarta One Card—trial launched in June 2016—is a multi-application smart card that utilizes RFID technology to facilitate a wide range of applications, including contactless payments for transportation fares across multi-modal public transportation in Jakarta (e.g., city-owned buses, upcoming MRT, and light rail transit systems), retail stores, and electronic road pricing (ERP) tolls. It can also function as an electronic ID card (e-KTP) and Social Security Management Agency (BPJS) health insurance card. The government aims to have all citizens in Jakarta obtain the Jakarta One Card by 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Smart Cities India: 100 City Project
- Smart City Pioneers in Southeast Asia: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam
- Augmented Reality in Energy and Utilities
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies