Multi-Application Smart Card: Indonesia’s Smart Nation Initiative
Jakarta One Card—trial launched in June 2016—is a multi-application smart card that utilizes RFID technology to facilitate a wide range of applications, including contactless payments for transportation fares across multi-modal public transportation in Jakarta (e.g., city-owned buses, upcoming MRT, and light rail transit systems), retail stores, and electronic road pricing (ERP) tolls. It can also function as an electronic ID card (e-KTP) and Social Security Management Agency (BPJS) health insurance card. The government aims to have all citizens in Jakarta obtain the Jakarta One Card by 2019.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Cybersecurity in Smart Utilities
- 2-Wheel Electric Urban Mobility on the Rise: Uber and Lyft Setting Eyes on Bikes and Scooters
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Contactless Ticketing Secure IC Technologies
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast