Serialization of Drugs - A New Milestone for Smart Cities
The U.S.-issued Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA), to commence in 2017, mandates the serialization of pharmaceutical products to the smallest saleable unit. This is expected to be completed by 2023. Similarly, the European Union (EU)-issued Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/161, known as the Falsified Medicines Directive, mandates the serialization of pharmaceutical products and deployment of anti-tampering devices commencing in February 2019. Belgium, Greece, and Italy are exempt from this and will have the option to defer application of the regulation by a maximum of six years.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is IPR the Poisoned Chalice for the IoT?
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Smart Cities and Spaces Quarterly Update 1Q 2019
- Smart Cities and Digital Twins: Designing and Managing Urban Industrial Systems
- Air Quality Monitoring and Sustainability Technologies for Smart Cities