The Growing Value of IoT Marketplaces
The Internet of Things (IoT) is continuing to grow, but as the number of connections increases, so do the number of market players offering an ever-increasing offering of connected components and solutions. Enterprises and developers looking to create IoT solutions must navigate this scattered marketplace to piece together hardware, connectivity, and value-added services components into fully integrated end-to-end solutions. Recognizing that this is resource and time intensive, suppliers began to create cohesive ecosystem offerings by leveraging partnerships to simplify the IoT project implementation process. One innovation that emerged from these evolving ecosystems is the IoT Marketplace, which facilitates interactions between buyers looking to develop IoT solutions and IoT suppliers. While these marketplaces do not solve all the problems associated with developing IoT solutions, they are effectively simplifying the IoT solution adoption process for enterprise developers.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
- The Right Way to Integrate IoT Connectivity? 1nce Wants to Keep It Simple
- Connected Enterprise Video Surveillance Solutions
- Sigfox Introduces New Services to Target Asset-Tracking Market
- Lack of IoT Public Policy Putting United States at a Strategic Disadvantage