Cisco Buys AppDynamics — What Is the IoT Angle?
On Monday, Jan 23, 2017, Cisco purchased AppDynamics for US$3.7 billion. AppDynamics provides application monitoring security software and services and has been a partner of Cisco for many years. AppDynamics benefited from growth of public cloud for application infrastructure, and the growth in distributed apps across desktop, web, mobile, and, potentially, wearables. AppDynamics clients range across the industry with heavy presence in retail, financial, and technology. It services 270 clients in the Forbes Global 2000 index.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is IPR the Poisoned Chalice for the IoT?
- Agriculture's Digital Transformation - AgTech and Farming
- The Internet of Things: Testing the Waters
- Partnership Reality Check: Vodafone Needs IBM Today and IBM Needs Vodafone Tomorrow
- ABB Ability—Strengthening Customer Relationships and Enhancing the Power of the Control Loop