The Role of System Integrators in M2M and IoT
IoT has caused many providers across all segments of the IoT value chain to shift and adapt their strategies. System integrators (SIs) are uniquely positioned to address the challenges that IoT poses due to their ability to leverage their experience integrating legacy systems into end-to-end solutions, their knowledge of the IoT landscape and players in the market, and their existing relationships with enterprises and end-users.
Most enterprises today are relying on system integrators to play the leading role in implementing their IoT solutions and in guiding their digital transformation. System integrators are skilled at creating end-to-end solutions from multiple components from multiple vendors. At its core, the IoT is a complex system of systems. The complexity of implementing these solutions is a key concern for enterprises, and system integrators help them to navigate a highly-fragmented ecosystem of IoT vendors and component technologies.
This report analyzes the role that system integrators are playing in implementing IoT solutions and how that role has changed and will continue to change. It includes insight from suppliers offering pieces of IoT solutions, end-users who are implementing them, and system integrators who work to put all the components together into end-to-end solutions. It also includes what the drivers for growth in the system integration market are, what vertical markets system integrators are operating in, and worldwide IoT system integration revenues by region from 2017 to 2022.
Table of Contents
- 1. INTEGRATING THE INTERNET OF THINGS
- 1.1. A Complex System of Systems
- 1.2. Survey Results
- 2. THE ROLE OF SYSTEM INTEGRATORS
- 2.1. The Traditional role of the system integrator
- 2.2. Drivers for system integrator iot growth
- 3. THE IOT SYSTEM INTEGRATOR ECOSYSTEM AND FORECASTS
- 3.1. System integrators in partner program ecosystems
- 3.2. System integration and consulting revenues and forecasts
- 4. KEY SYSTEM INTEGRATION VENDORS AND PARTNERS
- 4.1. System integrators
- 4.2. Partner Program Ecosystem Parents
- 4.3. Advice for System Integrators
- 4.4. Advice for platform, Hardware, and software providers