Turning IoT Vision into Reality: Top 8 Questions to Build a Successful IoT GTM Strategy
The Internet of Things is continuing to change the way enterprises embrace business transformation, with IoT solutions and services driving digital transformation within the enterprise. By utilizing IoT technologies, applications, and services, enterprises can increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and create competitive advantages both internally and externally. Internally, enterprises use IoT solutions to streamline workflows, monitor assets, and to help ensure compliance. Externally, IoT enables enterprises to increase customer stickiness by monitoring the relationship in real time and utilizing collected data to create ambient environments where the user’s needs and aspirations can be better anticipated.
In this application analysis, eight questions are presented that enterprises need to address to turn their IoT vision into reality. These questions allow enterprises to work backward from their end goals to target the right IoT solutions for implementation, to align internal capabilities to the right IoT supplier partnerships, and to lastly build the right governance and life-cycle management processes that ensure continued IoT success. As 61% of enterprises polled either currently have an IoT solution in operation or are planning to deploy one in the next year, it is essential that both enterprises and providers ask the right questions early.
Table of Contents
- 1. IoT DRIVING DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN THE ENTERPRISE
- 2. TOP EIGHT QUESTIONS TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL IoT STRATEGY
- 2.1. What Are Your Business Objectives to Better Serve Customers and Operate Profitably, and the Common Challenges toward Meeting Those Objectives?
- 2.2. What Are the Use Cases That Align with Your Value Proposition and Mitigate Business Challenges?
- 2.3. What Factors Need Consideration to Prioritize IoT Use Cases for Investment?
- 2.4. Who Are the Key Internal Stakeholders Impacted by a Connected Product, and How to Gain Internal Alignment on Risks and Benefits?
- 2.5. What Are My Internal Capabilities to Determine Build versus Buy?
- 2.6. What Is the IoT Data Governance Model?
- 2.7. How Should I Assess Suppliers and Partners for IoT Solution Enablement?
- 2.8. What Are the Life-Cycle Management Factors to Consider?
- 3. CONCLUSION
- 4. 2017 INDUSTRY SURVEY