China’s LTE Subscriber Market is Heading Towards a Billion
Full 2016 numbers for China’s three mobile telcos are not out yet, as it is early January 2017. However, based on the latest telco metrics, leading up to the end of October 2016, the numbers are eye-popping. China’s three largest mobile telecom operators ended October with approximately 704 million LTE subscribers. Total subscriptions (2G, 3G and 4G) stood at 1.32 billion, which means 53.2% of China’s mobile subscribers are on LTE. Commercial LTE services only started three years ago. Indeed, out of that 704 million, 41% or 289 million were added in the first 10 months of the year.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is IPR the Poisoned Chalice for the IoT?
- Agriculture's Digital Transformation - AgTech and Farming
- The Internet of Things: Testing the Waters
- Partnership Reality Check: Vodafone Needs IBM Today and IBM Needs Vodafone Tomorrow
- ABB Ability—Strengthening Customer Relationships and Enhancing the Power of the Control Loop