China’s LTE Subscriber Market is Heading Towards a Billion
Full 2016 numbers for China’s three mobile telcos are not out yet, as it is early January 2017. However, based on the latest telco metrics, leading up to the end of October 2016, the numbers are eye-popping. China’s three largest mobile telecom operators ended October with approximately 704 million LTE subscribers. Total subscriptions (2G, 3G and 4G) stood at 1.32 billion, which means 53.2% of China’s mobile subscribers are on LTE. Commercial LTE services only started three years ago. Indeed, out of that 704 million, 41% or 289 million were added in the first 10 months of the year.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
- The Right Way to Integrate IoT Connectivity? 1nce Wants to Keep It Simple
- Connected Enterprise Video Surveillance Solutions
- Sigfox Introduces New Services to Target Asset-Tracking Market
- Lack of IoT Public Policy Putting United States at a Strategic Disadvantage