OLED Likely to Lead Smartphone Display in 2017
Apple’s new iPhone for 2017 is expected to get a huge upgrade with bold new designs, celebrating its 10-year anniversary. Reports over the past few months indicated that the new iPhone (perhaps iPhone 8) would feature a new light-emitting diode (OLED) display without bezels and a home button, which could be the biggest screen display update ever. Moreover, alongside its regular 4.7-inch iPhone 8 and 5.5-inch iPhone 8 Plus offerings, the company would introduce a third, premium model with bigger screen size (possibly 5.8 in). Apparently, due to supply constraints, Apple might include the OLED display for only one version of the new iPhones. (For more information, please refer to ABI Research’s November 2016 Mobile Device News and Rumors Summary)
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Device Features, Pricing and Network Technologies: Vendors, Trends, and Forecasts
- Tablets Semiannual Update for 1H 2017
- What's New in Apple's Upgrade Products?
- iPhone 7 Plus Teardown Summary Report
- Mobile Modem and Processor Platforms: Vendor Market Share by Technology Generation