OLED Likely to Lead Smartphone Display in 2017
Apple’s new iPhone for 2017 is expected to get a huge upgrade with bold new designs, celebrating its 10-year anniversary. Reports over the past few months indicated that the new iPhone (perhaps iPhone 8) would feature a new light-emitting diode (OLED) display without bezels and a home button, which could be the biggest screen display update ever. Moreover, alongside its regular 4.7-inch iPhone 8 and 5.5-inch iPhone 8 Plus offerings, the company would introduce a third, premium model with bigger screen size (possibly 5.8 in). Apparently, due to supply constraints, Apple might include the OLED display for only one version of the new iPhones. (For more information, please refer to ABI Research’s November 2016 Mobile Device News and Rumors Summary)
To find out more about subscribing:
- What’s Next for Display Technology in Smartphones?
- Brain-To-Machine UI: Enabling Technologies and Market Outlook
- Smartphone Artificial Intelligence Finds Its Calling in Cameras
- Has the Race to Launch the First 5G Smartphone Begun?
- Key eSIM Theme Focuses on Connectivity and Security Convergence in 2018