Reliance Jio SIM Cards and the Impact on the Indian Telco Market
India is already saturated in the telecommunication market, with providers of all sizes already battling for dominance in areas with still untapped potential, such as 4G and multimedia expansion to all devices available. As of 2014, a new company joined the fray, with a new welcome plan that started in 2016. Reliance Jio formed from the oil industry company Reliance, providing it with finance and experience, gaining 50 million subscribers. The provider managed to make its way into the market with deals that undercut its pre-existing competitors with promises and enticements that caused certain speculation. Even though it had resistance from its competitors, the legal system in India forced the other telco companies to work alongside Reliance Jio and to stop blocking access to telecommunication tower usage.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update