Pebble's Demise May Stymie Innovation
The news that Pebble ceased operations, sold the company’s technology to Fitbit, and let some personnel go was disappointing. It was disappointing not just for those employees and the legions of dedicated customers and developers left behind (including those who supported the company’s products), but for the wider wearable device market, too.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Qualcomm's New Snapdragon Wear 3100 Platform Paves the Way for Improved Smartwatches
- Wearable Device Market Share and Forecasts
- Wearables Operating Systems and Platforms
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront