Pebble's Demise May Stymie Innovation
The news that Pebble ceased operations, sold the company’s technology to Fitbit, and let some personnel go was disappointing. It was disappointing not just for those employees and the legions of dedicated customers and developers left behind (including those who supported the company’s products), but for the wider wearable device market, too.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface
- Safety Wearables Could Help to Save US Businesses US$200 Billion Annually on Insurance and Treatments from Workplace Injuries
- Wearable Device User Interface and User Experience