Google Home Fuels the Smart Home Voice Market
Google launched Google Home in October 2016; aware that in order to compete against Amazon’s similar smart home devices, it would have to attract a large swath of partnerships quickly to its new voice control smart home device. In mid-December 2016, the company significantly announced support from 30 new companies, as well as extended support for third-party developers to integrate its offerings with Google Home and the Google Assistant platform that powers the device.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface
- Safety Wearables Could Help to Save US Businesses US$200 Billion Annually on Insurance and Treatments from Workplace Injuries
- Wearable Device User Interface and User Experience