Tesla Roof Tiles are About More Than Solar
In October 2016, Tesla announced a new line of photovoltaic roof tiles. The electric vehicle (EV) pioneer has been extending the role of electricity, and the roof tiles are an extension of this effort. While the tiles may offer just a cosmetic upgrade over existing panels, that may be no small thing; Tesla’s overall strategy and direction speak to far greater changes in the smart home electricity market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?